Interval Timer Shooting
Using Camera Control Pro 2, you can take a series of photographs automatically at a time interval you select.
The interval timer shooting is not available when:
- pictures are being transferred,
- live view shooting is in progress (D6 / D780 / Z 7II / Z 6II / Z 7 / Z 6 / Z 5 / Z 50 / Nikon 1 V3 excluded),
- a movie is being recorded,
- HDR mode is enabled (D5600 / D5500 / D5300 / D5200 / D5100) or set to On (single photo) (D6 / D5 / D4 series / D850 / D810 / D810A / D800 / D800E / D780 / D750 / D610 / D600 / D500 / D7500 / D7200 / D7100 / Df / Z 7II / Z 6II / Z 7 / Z 6 / Z 5 / Z 50),
- Time is selected for Shutter speed in the “Exposure 1” tab (D6 / D5 / D4S / D850 / D810 / D810A / D780 / D750 / D500 / D7500 / D7200 / D7100 / D5600 / D5500 / D5300 / Df / Z 7II / Z 6II / Z 7 / Z 6 / Z 5 / Z 50),
- Active Selection is chosen for Best moment capture in the “Exposure 1” tab (Nikon 1 V3), or
- Slow motion is chosen for Advanced Movie Mode in the “Movie” tab (Nikon 1 V3).
Select Interval Timer Shooting from the Camera menu. The Interval Timer Shooting dialog will be displayed.
Before shooting starts, adjust the following settings:
Exposure Time (D3 Series / D700 / D300 Series / D90 / D7000 / D5100 / D5000 Excluded)
The following dialog is displayed when “Bulb” is selected for shutter speed. Choose an exposure time.
Follow the progress of interval timer shooting in the progress dialog.
Click Stop Shooting to end interval timer shooting at any time. If a number of shots was specified in the “Interval Timer Shooting” dialog, shooting will end when the specified number of shots has been taken.
Time Interval Settings
If the delay is shorter than the time required to record each photograph, the actual interval between photographs will be longer than that specified in the “Interval Timer Shooting” dialog.
During Interval Timer Shooting
No operations can be performed in the “Camera Control Pro” window until the “Interval Timer Shooting” dialog is closed.
- Once the specified number of shots has been taken, the Stop Shooting button will change to Shooting Complete. Click Shooting Complete to exit the “Interval Timer Shooting” dialog.
If an error occurs during shooting, an error log will be displayed; click OK to close the log and return to the Camera Control Pro 2 window.
Hard Disk Full
The download folder indicator in the “Interval Timer Shooting” dialog changes from green to yellow to red as the destination fills. If necessary, suspend shooting and change the destination drive.