Charging the Battery
|B||Charging AC Adapter|
|D||USB cable (included)|
If a plug adapter* is included with your camera, securely connect it to the Charging AC Adapter. Once the two are connected, attempting to forcibly remove the plug adapter could damage the product.
The shape of the plug adapter varies according to the country or region in which the camera was purchased.
This step can be omitted if the plug adapter comes permanently bonded to the Charging AC Adapter.
- Charging starts when the camera is connected to an electrical outlet while the battery is inserted, as shown in the illustration. The power-on lamp slowly flashes green while the battery is charging.
- When charging is complete, the power-on lamp turns off. Unplug the Charging AC Adapter from the electrical outlet, and disconnect the USB cable.
Charging time is about 2 hours and 20 minutes for a fully exhausted battery.
The battery cannot be charged when the power-on lamp quickly flashes green, possibly due to one of the reasons described below.
- The ambient temperature is not suited to charging.
- The USB cable or Charging AC Adapter is not properly connected.
- The battery is damaged.
Notes About the USB Cable
- Do not use a USB cable other than the UC-E21. Using a USB cable other than the UC-E21 could result in overheating, fire or electric shock.
- Check the shape and direction of the plugs and do not insert or remove the plugs at an angle.
Notes About Charging with the Charging AC Adapter
The camera can be operated while the battery is charging, but the charging time increases.