Inserting the Battery and Memory Card
Memory card slot
- Unlock the battery-chamber/memory card slot cover latch (), move the battery-chamber/memory card slot cover latch release to the y position (), and then open the battery-chamber/memory card slot cover ().
- With the battery’s positive and negative terminals oriented correctly, move the orange battery latch (), and fully insert the battery ().
- Slide the memory card in until it clicks into place ().
- Be careful not to insert the battery or memory card upside-down or backward, as this could cause malfunction or damage to the camera or memory card.
- Close the cover (), move the battery-chamber/memory card slot cover latch release to the z position (), and then move the battery-chamber/memory card slot cover latch to the LOCK position ().
Check that the battery-chamber/memory card slot cover latch and battery-chamber/memory card slot cover latch release are positioned as shown in the figure, and that their orange indicator marks are not visible.
Formatting a Memory Card
The first time you insert a memory card that has been used in another device into this camera, insert the memory card into the camera, and make sure to format it using SnapBridge 360/170.
- Note that formatting a memory card permanently deletes all images and other data on the memory card. Be sure to make copies of any images you wish to keep before formatting the memory card.
- Insert the memory card into the camera, and select SnapBridge 360/170 (ASettings List) M c Camera tab M Camera settings M Format card.
Removing the Battery or Memory Card
Turn the camera off and make sure that the power-on lamp and status lamps have turned off, and then open the battery-chamber/memory card slot cover.
- Move the battery latch to eject the battery.
- Gently push the memory card into the camera to partially eject the memory card.
- Be careful when handling the camera, battery, and memory card immediately after using the camera, as they may be hot.
- To prevent yourself from accidentally pressing the movie button or photo button and unintentionally shooting, we recommend that you take out the battery when carrying the camera.
Memory Cards That Can Be Used
The camera supports microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC memory cards.
- UHS-I is supported.
Use microSDXC memory cards with an SD Speed Class rating of 6 or faster for recording movies.
- Use memory cards with a UHS Speed Class rating of 3 or faster when the image size/frame rate is 2160/24p (4K UHD) or 1920/24p.
- When using a memory card with a lower Speed Class rating, movie recording may stop unexpectedly.
- If you use a card reader, make sure that it is compatible with your memory card.
- Contact the manufacturer for information on features, operation, and limitations on use.