Adjust map display settings.
- [Server Connection]
Choose a map server for the map display.
- [Always connect to this server]: Always connect to the selected server.
- [Connect to automatically selected server]: Automatically select the server for your country or region from those in the [Always connect to this server] menu based on your current IP address. If unable to select a server based on your IP address, NX Studio will select a server based on information from the operating system. The United States server will be used if no server for your country or region is available in the [Always connect to this server] menu.
- [Home Location]
The location displayed when you click in the map display toolbar can be set as the home position. The home position will be displayed if there are no location data for the pictures in the current folder.
[Set automatically]: Set the home position automatically.
- [Set using the country and region of the operating system]: The home position is chosen based on the country and region settings for the operating system.
- [Set using the IP address]: NX Studio chooses a home position based on your current IP address. If unable to select a position based on your IP address, NX Studio will select a position based on information from the operating system.
- [Set manually]: Select [Use Current Location] to set the home position and scale to the portion of the map currently displayed.
- [Use world map]: Set the home position to a view of the entire globe.
- [Shooting Location]
Switching to map view when a picture with embedded location data is selected displays a pin () showing the picture’s location. Choose the display shown when the current folder contains multiple pictures with embedded location data.
- [Show the locations of all images in the folder]: NX Studio shows pins for all pictures in the folder.
- [Show the locations of the selected images in the folder]: NX Studio shows pins only for the pictures in the current selection.
- [When images with location data are selected]
Choose whether NX Studio re-centers the map on the shooting locations when pictures with location data are selected.
- [Scroll and zoom the map to encompass all the corresponding pins]: NX Studio re-centers the map to show shooting locations. If multiple pictures with shooting data are selected, the scale will be adjusted to show the locations of all the selected pictures.
- [Do nothing]: Selecting pictures with location data does not re-center the map. The map can still be re-centered on selected pictures by clicking in the map toolbar.
- [View Path]
Show straight-line paths connecting selected pictures either in the order taken ([Connect pins in shooting order]) or in the order the pictures were selected ([Connect pins in selection order]; 0 Viewing Track Logs).
- [Show pop-ups while icon is moving]: When route playback reaches a pin for a picture with location data, display a preview of the picture in a pop-up window.