NX Studio can be used to play videos selected for display in single-frame view. Mousing over the viewer displays video playback controls.
Video Playback Controls
- Frame-by-Frame Display
- Click to view the individual frames of the video as thumbnails. Drag the handles at either side to scroll to the desired frame (0 Removing Unwanted Footage).
- Playback Position
- The current playback position.
- Playback Slider
- Shows the current playback position. Drag the slider to fast-forward or rewind.
- The total length of the current video.
- Save Still
- Save a still of the current frame.
- Frame Rewind/Frame Advance
- Rewind or advance the video a frame at a time. Clicking either button during playback pauses the video, after which it can be rewound or advanced a frame at a time starting at the selected position.
- Start, pause, or resume playback.
- Toggle this button to to mute audio. Click again to enable audio.
Installing Video Codecs (Windows Only)
Depending on the file type, you may be prompted to install a video codec when attempting to display videos in the image viewer (). Follow the on-screen instructions to install the codec.
To save the current frame as a still, click the “Save Still” button () in the video playback controls.
- Select [Settings] > [Simple Settings] to save the still at the default compression and frame size.
- To choose a different compression and frame size, select [Settings] > [Advanced Settings].
- To choose the destination folder, select [Save in] > [Specified folder].
- A file name can be entered in the [File Name] field.