NX Studio supports the file types listed below.
NX Studio supports the following formats for still images shot with Nikon digital cameras or saved using Nikon software:
- RAW pictures in NEF and NRW formats (extensions “.nef” and “.nrw”)
- JPEG (extensions “.jpg” and “.jpeg”), RGB mode only; CMYK mode and JPEG 2000 not supported
- TIFF (extensions “.tif” and “.tiff”), RGB mode only; CMYK mode not supported; editing available only with uncompressed files or files compressed using LZW
- MPO (extension “.mpo”)
Viewing RAW Pictures
In the case of RAW pictures edited using plug-ins in the Nik Color Efex Pro series or created or edited using optional Picture Controls not installed with NX Studio, NX Studio will display only the previews embedded in the images, not the pictures themselves. Editing and export are not supported.
NX Studio supports the following formats for videos shot with Nikon digital cameras or saved using Nikon software:
- AVI, a common Windows format (extension “.avi”)
- Quicktime (extension “.mov”)
- MPEG-4 (extension “.mp4”)
Cautions: MOV Format
- NX Studio may be unable to play some MOV videos depending on the video file type.
- Colors in HLG and N-Log videos will not display correctly.
- NX Studio cannot be used to color grade N-Log videos.
NX Studio supports the following format for audio files appended to pictures as voice memos and for voice recordings created with COOLPIX cameras:
- WAV (extension “.wav”)
Image Dust Off Reference Data
NX Studio supports the following format for Image Dust Off reference data recorded using Nikon digital SLR and mirrorless cameras (0 The Camera Corrections Tool):
- NDF (extension “.ndf”)